Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back!

I flew back to the West Coast today! It was nice to come back to my apartment and my car! Of course it's always sad to leave the fam, but I know I'll see them again soon =)


I had a whirlwind of an afternoon (love the 3-hour difference!) and visited a trifecta of foodie stores! I've put everything away, but here's a quick rundown of what I bought - at least what I remember:

Trader Joe's: frozen sweet potato fries, low-fat raspberry vinaigrette, TJ's restaurant-style tortilla chips

Whole Foods: Cinnamon Puffins!!! (inspired by the gorgeous blogettes), water (I'm a water freak), sparkling water, 2 original Chobani yogurts (another inspired by you all), low-fat vanilla Silk soy, 2 chocolate-chip Z-bars, baby carrots, frozen broccoli, can of albacore tuna

Your local grocery purveyor: Skippy's Natural PB, 2 Yoplait yogurts in Cinnamon Roll & Strawberry Shortcake (new flavors I think), 1 Celeste Original frozen pizza, low-fat Wheat Thins, organic ketchup, sweet banana peppers, can of cannellini beans, 2 Campbell's soups (chicken noodle and Maryland crab), Banana Nut Cheerios (I'm a Cheerios girl!)

Almost entirely bereft of vegetables and fruit, but the selections were few, and I'm picky!

So now that I'm back on my own, hopefully I'll get into blogging my eats more regularly (as well as anything else I think you might be remotely interested in). I'm determined to get healthy and live fabulously!

My dinner was kind of odd (eaten in front of Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban - sorry, but Harry beats Edward Cullen any day!), but I really wanted to break into my new buys:
















Tada! Sorry for the bad lighting (or maybe it's my camera) and the ugly bowl! Everything was new to my palate, and I must say, the combination was magnificent!

I scooped out the cereals using this measuring spoon that came with a chai powder - it looks to be about 2 tablespoons, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I had 2 scoops of Banana Nut Cheerios (yummmm), 2 scoops of Cinnamon Puffins (they tasted almost gourmet, if you know what I mean - nothing too sweet or fake), 1 Yoplait Cinnamon Roll yogurt (100 calories & just the tad bit cinnamony), and a little less than a spoonful of Skippy's Natural PB. = So good and so filling! PB has been a "fear food" of mine for as long as I can remember, and I only recently sucked it up and learned to use it on my oats (thank you again blogettes!). I got used to shelling out $6 for Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams, Cinnamon Raisin, and my favorite - White Chocolate Wonderful - but I think I'll save those for when the chilly mornings return! It was interesting, I had almost forgotten what "normal" PB tasted like - the Skippy's was nice, and I'm always proud of myself when I can keep my serving to a small spoonful at a time (as opposed to say, 1/2 the jar).

Whew! Still with me?? I'm so excited about going back to the gym tomorrow morning! I'm thinking an hour of cardio, listening to my favorite Lady Gaga! With that, I'll leave you with a pic of me...at least my newly-pedicured toes! Nothing like starting lifelong relationships with an image of my foot!


  • Internship starts Monday!
  • Need to find a paying job!
  • Need a good book to read! (any suggestions??)
  • Find a new apartment!
  • Work out!
  • Play hard!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your internship! Sounds like you've got a lot coming up for you.
    On the PB thing - I had to work myself to to using full tablespoons too. Don't sweat it. Eventualy, you realize a whole tablespoon is really jsut *that* much better lol.

    Feel free to copy my brownie oats - I totally love 'em and feel flattered that you think they sound good too (my dad thinks I'm nuts lol). They get super fudgy if you use chocolate soymilk but we didn't have any the other morning so I subbed it.

    Take care and enjoy your week
    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your internship and job search!! :) As far as books go, I haven't read any interesting ones in a while. I see a library stop in my future. Sorry I am not much help!
    You go girl! So proud of you for the peanut butter and everything :) Slow and steady totally wins the race! Awesome job girlie.
    Have a great week!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete